Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cycle of life

Almost two months after we had to let Baby be put to sleep, we buried her ashes today next to a beautiful blooming azalea in the backyard of my son and daughter-in-law, Ryan and Angela Wallace. Baby was originally Angela's cat, so it seemed only fitting that her marked grave would be at their home. And it was appropriate too that our little ceremony followed a lovely Mother's Day dinner that Angela cooked for me and her mother, Pamela Barr. The wheel of life keeps turning. I spent the rest of the day planting flowers and vegetables and herbs. Life is so eager to grow, we only need to give it a chance. How blessed I am to have a healthy son, who married a beautiful, loving wife, who shared her adorable cat with me for eight years.

1 comment:

  1. It was a blessed day in many ways, Sue. I am glad to have shared so much love with you and our kids.

    Later, I told my son Brian about the ceremony for Baby and he recalled when we buried Beeb (so many years ago), wrapped in one of the curtains that my Mom sewed for his Nursery, under the lilac bush in the front yard of his first home.

    Feeling the female connection of we "Girls with Gardens" this year, too!

    ReplyDelete