Monday, January 18, 2010

Holiday? What Holiday?

I was late before I got out of bed this morning. I had three theater advances due at 6 a.m. I sent off two before I went to bed, along with a promise that the third would be coming at noon. Then I received a reminder from my editor about a fourth story I had forgotten about, even though it's right there in the task list I never look at. I finished story number three -- the upcoming Grand Rapids' Got Talent competition -- just a little later than promised because I decided to get some comments from the martial artist who was set up for the photo. Glad I did because she's a 16-year-old girl with four world championships in fighting with sticks, a Crouching-Tiger-in-waiting. I thought the fourth story -- Circle Presents "Seussical" -- would be a snap, but I didn't get any answer to phone calls or emails to Circle Theater. Impatiently I called Theatreworks in New York, the touring company bringing the show. I pushed 0 for operator, as instructed, and let it ring for five minutes. Must be a busy operator, I thought. Then I realized. It's Martin Luther King Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment