Friday, January 22, 2010

Where'd the week go?

Trying to post daily is a lot harder than I thought! Maybe because I've been too busy doing to write about it!
Wednesday I had to finish reading "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett so I would be prepared for book club that afternoon. Great book. Funny and poignant at the same time. A good example for want-to-be novelists like myself.
Thursday I was indeed laughing at Max MacLean who made a masterful devil in a dramatic reading based on C.S. Lewis' "The Screwtape Letters." Lewis sets the bar high, not only for good writing but also for good living, if we are to avoid the devil. I've studied that book several times and never get enough. Great lessons there, and a delightful serving by MacLean.
Today, the highlight was interviewing Estelle Parsons who is starring in the tour of "August: Osage County" which is coming to Lansing next month. What an enthusiastic lady. I felt rejuvenated just talking to her.And she's 82! What wonderful lessons life has taught her.

No comments:

Post a Comment